So we all know how amazing Christmas is… and well December/winter is overall so I thought I would pop together 20 different reasons why Christmas makes me happy!
I don’t know why but around this time of year everyone is just so happy and cheerful, and I am just so bloody excited to see my family next weekend (14th-17th) for an early Christmas weekend I can’t contain my excitement!
I am also very proud of myself that I have wrapped 99.99999% of my Christmas presents – I think stating I went over the top with presents this year is an understatement! and after wrapping it all I realized my little sister has 2 Christmas sacks full of presents – but oh well! for me this year I am in a position that I can treat my family, I don’t care about presents for me this year, I am most excited about seeing their faces! – as my mum is going to kill me when she sees her presents (let’s hope she doesn’t find out the prices!)
So here are 20 things that make me happy about Christmas!
- FAMILY – this is the main one for me, I love traveling down to Cornwall to see my mum and sister!
- DECORATIONS – I am just so excited – I have started putting up decorations in the bedroom, hopefully by the time I am done it will look like Santa’s grotto!
- FILMS, FILMS & MORE FILMS – This one is a no-brainer – who else doesn’t love watching Christmas films back to back??!
- SHOPPING – There s something about buying presents for my family that I just LOVE, but this also includes the amazing deals in the after Christmas sales!
- WRAPPING PRESENTS – I just love popping on a Christmas film and wrapping presents, I think it just gets me into the Christmas spirit even more!
- MUSIC – I AM that person who drives about with the windows down (In 1 degrees) singing really badly and loudly to Christmas music.
- CANDLES – I just looooveeee buying shit loads of Christmas scented candles..just because I can.
- CHRISTMAS MARKETS – I love visiting the Birmingham Frankfurt Market – Check out my blog post here!
- COMFY CLOTHING – I am the type of girl to not really care if I go shopping in my trackies and a massive wooly jumper – winter is all about being warm, not fashionable lol!
- ADVENT CALENDARS – Not much to say about this one – they are just bliss!
- CHRISTMAS DINNER – This is basically the only “Sunday” roast I look forward to all year – yes, I love me a Sunday Roast, but there is just something about Christmas dinner that tops them all.
- BAILEYS HOT CHOCOLATE – So last year, Brad made a slow cooker hot chocolate with Baileys (Recipe Post anyone?) so I am reaaaallly hoping he makes it again this year.
- CHRISTMAS TREES – I just love it when there’s a Christmas tree all decorated and pretty – it’s just so exciting!
- HOLIDAY – This one is very exciting for me- it’s taking a break from work – not my blog but, my full-time job, to just turn off my laptop and enjoy spending time with my loved ones – bliss!
- SNOW – Now this one is a long shot, but we did recently in the Midlands have a little snow – and it was bloody freezing! But even just some more snow around the Christmas weekend would be really cool!
- UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATERS – Now this one is a tradition! I am on the hunt for an ugly Christmas jumper to take down to Cornwall for the early Christmas weekend!
- CHRISTMAS & BOXING DAY WALKS – Ever since I can remember we would always as a family go for a walk around Christmas or Boxing day – growing up in Cornwall the local village pub would open and everyone would meet up to celebrate.
- ALCOHOL – Just because its Christmas no one cares if you drink shit loads – fuck it turn up to work drunk (Don’t do that!) I just love enjoying a glass (or two) of champagne on Christmas day with my family!
- CHOCOLATE – Now who doesn’t love the selection boxes???? If you don’t you are a mentalist!
- BEING LAZY – Now this one for me is a true Christmas Tradition, if I want to spend all of Christmas day & boxing day in my PJs… I am bloody well going too!
So that was my 20 reasons for why Christmas makes me happy! whats yours? let me know below!